Community Sport’s Voice of Participant (VoP) programme is a cross-sport and recreation sector approach to capturing, analysing, interpreting and using participant/membership survey data to develop effective business decisions based on quality insights.
The VoP is conducted by an external, independent company – Neilsen in conjunction with Sport New Zealand (SNZ).
The VoP surveying will be conducted nationally between 11th and 30th July 2017 and is for playing Club members. Opportunities to contribute to the surveying will be sent to NZ Football playing member email addresses. Respondents who complete the surveying can go in the draw to win one of seven exciting prize packs for their club.
The objectives of the VoP programme are:
- To empower the sport system to respond to the wants and needs of participants.
- To embed processes that continually puts the participant at the centre of decision making.
- To improve the development and delivery of products and services that meet the needs of participants in football.
- To complement and systematize existing participant information an the processes by which participant information is gathered and analysed.
- To bring the ‘voice of participant’ to the centre of the footballing sport system.
The purpose of the VoP survey is to provide NZF and its clubs an understanding of the experiences received within the clubs by playing members. The premise being the better experience, then the more likely someone is to continue to play for and act as an advocate to attract others to the club, thus retaining and growing sport participation through football clubs.
The survey is:
- Short and easy for members to complete (approximately 10 minutes).
- Based on qualitative research and quantitative pilot to determine what is important to members of clubs.
- Focused on aspects that clubs can influence.
The survey will:
- Enable cross-code learnings by having a consistent approach for all NSOs.
- Provide clearer direction and focus.
We thank you in anticipation of your support in completing the surveying, and wish you well for the remainder of the football season.