The transfer window for Winter Season Competitions has now shut!
The window will not open until 1 October 2017; Players may not move between clubs until the reopening of the window.
Should a Player wish to transfer during the close of the Window, their destination Club (Club that they are transferring to) will need to apply for a transfer under exceptional circumstances. See the Application Process below for information on how to apply for a Exceptional Circumstance Transfer.
As per Regulation 9.1 of the New Zealand RSTPs, no transfer of a Player shall be allowed by any Club from 1 July to 30 September (inclusive) each year, except in exceptional circumstances… [circumstances] may include, without limitation, where:
- The transfer has not been correctly processed due to clerical error;
- Allowing the transfer is consistent with the competitive integrity of the relevant Competition(s)
- The personal circumstances of the Player make a transfer fair an reasonable; or
- The Player can show that because of circumstances beyond his control, he is obliged to change his place of residence by a distance greater than fifty (50) kilometres
NOTE: International Transfers (players moving in and out of New Zealand) are dealt with accordance with FIFA regulations:
- An International Transfer is considered to be a de-registration of the Players record from their former country, and new registration within their destination country.
- In February 2016, NZ Football removed the registration period(s) for which an amateur Player may register. Therefore a Player’s registration and subesquent eligibility for a competition shall be dealt with in accordance with the regulations of the relevant competition(s).
- Therefore, the registration of an International Transfer is permitted at any time.
The below steps outline the process for the application of a transfer outside of the window (Exceptional Circumstance).
- Destination Club applies to their Federation for the transfer of a Player outside of the window.
- Club must ensure that all relevant and supporting documents are provided to their Federation.
- A Federation may offer advice to the Club on whether or not the case may meet any of the exceptional circumstances outlined in Regulation 9.1 of the NZF RSTPs
- The Club’s Federation present the case to NZ Football for review.
- The application will be internally reviewed by NZ Football.
- NZ Football will approve / reject the transfer application.